Sunday, July 12, 2020

Guv. Lacson Says Suspension Of LSIs Return Respite For NegOcc

Spotlight

STI: Staying Education-Ready In The New Normal

STI is committed to face the challenges brought by the new normal of education, and at the same time, prioritize the needs and safety of its students.

SM Foundation Donates Masks And Face Shields To Cebu Hospitals And Quarantine Centers

SM Foundation donated KN95 masks, 3-ply masks, and face shields worth PHP2.5 million to Cebu hospitals and quarantine centers. Thank you, SM!

Francisco Motors Debunks Accusations That Modern PUVs Increase COVID-19 Transmission

"What worsens virus transmission are incompetence of vehicle personnel, complacency of those in-charge of the vehicles and negligence of passengers."

Francisco Motors Debunks Accusations That Modern PUVs Increase COVID-19 Transmission

"What worsens virus transmission are incompetence of vehicle personnel, complacency of those in-charge of the vehicles and negligence of passengers."

Governor Eugenio Jose Lacson welcomed the move of the National Task Force Against Covid-19 to suspend the return of locally-stranded individuals to Negros Occidental for two weeks, beginning June 27.

Lacson said it will provide a respite to the province since all its quarantine facilities are already full and the people in-charge of accommodating the returning Negrenses also need a break.

“We should be happy that we were given two weeks because the quarantine facilities are already overwhelmed and even the personnel on the ground who have to receive them and move them from one quarantine area to another, these people are also tired. It will be a good rest,” Lacson said in an interview on Monday.

He added that during the said period, the provincial government will be able to decongest and disinfect the quarantine facilities and be ready to receive the LSIs once again after two weeks.

“For sure, this is a big help. It’s not only our province, but also the whole Region 8 and the rest of Region 6 because this has been the clamor of the LGUs (local government units),” the governor said.

Lacson acknowledged though that even after Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, chairperson of National Task Force Against Covid-19, announced the suspension of the return of LSIs, many Negrenses still appealed that they be allowed to come home.

On Wednesday last week, the provincial government suspended the entry of its own residents coming from the neighboring province of Cebu, whose capital city has the highest coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) cases in the country.

Lacson said aside from quarantine facilities being full, the province also wants to avoid more positive cases coming from Cebu and Metro Manila.

As of Monday, Negros Occidental already has 83 confirmed cases of Covid-19, most of whom are LSIs and overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who traveled from Metro Manila and Cebu.

In a statement on Monday, Lorenzana said Negros Occidental and Iloilo requested a temporary halt in the repatriation because large numbers of LSIs are from the said localities, and their capacity to receive these people is being pushed to the limit.

The two-week suspension will enable the task force to establish a better procedure to ensure that returning residents are Covid-19-free as well as help LGUs improve their response to the health crisis, he added. (PNA)

Latest News

LGBT Couples Allowed In Motorcycle Back-Riding

Couples belonging to the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) community are among those allowed to motorcycle back-riding, a police official said on Saturday. “Kung titingnan...

2020 Is ‘Year Of Filipino Health Workers’

President Duterte decalres 2020 as the “Year of Filipino Health Workers” to honor the heroism of Filipino medical workers.

DOST-FPRDI Prioritizes Study Of Tree Plantation Species

DOST-FPRDI started a research program for studying different kinds of tree plantation species to address PH's shortage in wood supply.

Palace Reminds Public Anew To Heed Protocols Vs. Covid-19

Huwag kalimutang magsuot ng face mask, maghugas ng kamay at patuloy na obserbahan ang physical distancing.

Palace Reminds Public Anew To Heed Protocols Vs. Covid-19

Huwag kalimutang magsuot ng face mask, maghugas ng kamay at patuloy na obserbahan ang physical distancing.

DILG To Hire More Contact Tracers Before July End

DILG is planning to hire 50,000 more contact tracers to boost the government's efforts to contain COVID-19.

Congress Has Not Been Idle Amid Pandemic: Speaker

Speaker Alan Peter Cayetano, may sagot patungkol sa pahayag ni Vice President Leni Robredo na mas inuuna pa ng Kongreso ang ibang bagay kaysa sa pagharap sa pangkasalukuyang public health emergency.

IATF Okays Improved Screening, Surveillance In PH Ports

IATF-EID approves the plan to step up screening and surveillance strategies in the country’s ports to contain the further spread of COVID-19.

Hontiveros Asks Gov’t To Rethink Heavy-Handed Strategy Vs Covid-19

Sen. Hontiveros, may panawagan sa gobyerno patungkol sa kanilang strategy laban sa COVID-19.

Palace Reporters Ask PRRD’s Address To Be Aired On Same Day

Reporters covering the Palace beat requests for President Duterte's public addresses to be aired on the same day he delivers them. Agree ba kayo?